Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Evening and other assorted thoughts

I'm pretty sure Evening is gonna suck (yet hopefully, I'll still see it this weekend). I mean...movies with that good a cast don't get dumped in July for no reason.

Also, I actually posted on IMDb, for the first time ever. Some post was talking about how there are no good female villain roles and someone was like "but Michelle Pfeiffer is playing two this year alone! OMG she is amazing!!!!" I couldn't help but be like "Velma Von Tussle isn't exactly Lady Macbeth." Here's to many more posts mocking idiot IMDbers!

I'm confused by Hairspray's reception, though. Everyone seems all psyched to love it ahead of time. It's a little like Dreamgirls (only in reverse)... Dreamgirls could have been the best movie ever made and you know there are still people who would hate it.