Monday, December 28, 2009

I saw movies!!!!

Yesterday, my dad basically forced me to watch Julie & Julia. I forget whether I talked about it or not, but I really didn't like the book. The author seemed like an incredibly unpleasant person who didn't deserve her totally nice husband at all and, as an unemployed college graduate who can't find anything to do, I basically wanted to smack her for acting like working in an office was THE ABSOLUTE WORST FATE EVER. She was much better in this movie, plus it's hard to dislike Jesus. As for Meryl Streep... well, her part of the story was absolutely wonderful. Stanley Tucci was terrific and it was heartwarming to see how in love they were, even if the thought of Stanley Tucci and Meryl Streep having sex is very gross. And I understand she was playing a character, and she did that extremely well. But that doesn't mean that the character that Meryl was playing wasn't OMG TREMENDOUSLY ANNOYING AAAAAAGH okay I'm done.

On the day after Christmas, I went to go see Up in the Air. It's fantastic. It's so well-written. George Clooney is absolutely terrific. It pretty accurately captures Our Depressing Times, but it's an ultimately uplifting movie. I found myself in tears multiple times. Go see it. Seriously.