Monday, December 21, 2009

Today, in conversations with my mother.

(We are watching MLBN as is our wont. It's some documentary or something, and Luis Gonzalez comes on to comment on... something)

Me: Boooo hiss!!!!
My mom: Ohhh, I like him.
Me: YOU LIKE HIM?!?!?!
My mom: Yeah, he was Tino's best friend and he was a nice guy and he had triplets and they were really cute! I was happy for him!
Me: WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?! YOU WERE HAPPY FOR HIM?!?!??!
My mom: He was just a nice guy! Can't I be happy for a nice guy?
Me: SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL.

(I think she may be schizophrenic though. One time he came on to comment on something and she threw a balled-up piece of paper at him. She burst out crying the instant that crappy flare single hit the ground in 2001 because she may be the only person more irrational than I am. Also, when we were in Boston, she saw one of those "I root for two teams: the Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees" shirts and was seriously going to buy it until I literally took it out of her hands. Maybe she was drunk? I still love the crazy lady, though.)