Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm bringing Conversations with Celebrities back.


Ang: Hello everyone.
Tang: Hi guys.
Ang: I am Ang Lee, acclaimed Academy Award-winning director of the *cough* Academy Award-winning film Brokeback Mountain. *starts glowering*
Tang: Ang, we heard you whining about it all the way in China. Anyway, I am Tang Wei, Chinese actress and star of Ang's latest not Academy Award-nominated film, Lust, Caution.
Ang: You were really good. Freaking brilliant, even.
Tang: Yes. You are correct.
Ang: I hear you were so good that Justine Credible even admits you were better than Laura Linney last year.
Tang: Really? Awww, she shouldn't have! She also says Lust, Caution is far better than Brokeback Mountain.
Ang: Well, she's right, but don't tell anyone I said that. Also, you are very pretty.
Tang: Thank you, Ang.
Ang: It's a little ridiculous that you were blacklisted.
Tang: No kidding.
Ang: And it's kind of sad that you don't have anything listed "in production" on IMDb.
Tang: Yeah, I know. I think I'm going to talk to Ziyi Zhang. We're beautiful Asian actresses who are the same age, so we pretty much might as well be the same person to Hollywood producers, right? [note to the reader: I am not trying to offend anyone with this particular line of dialogue. I am trying to make fun of Hollywood and the lack of Asian actors/actresses. That's all.] I might steal one of her roles. I mean, she deserved it after Memoirs of a Geisha and her performance in it.
Ang: Yeah. And to think I gave her Crouching Tiger.
Tang: Are you gonna start whining again?
Ang: I never really stopped.
Tang: Touché.

(On a side note, it amuses me to no end that I saved this picture as "tangang" on my computer)