Friday, October 17, 2008

"Baby Shower"


"Wanna go out?" is the new "Then... it's a date."

Guys, I really really love S5. Already.

- the cold open. Oh dear lord. So funny. And it went on for just the right amount of time, because it could have gotten really stupid.
- Jim's chart during the cold open. "Delusion!"
- Angela randomly calling Andy a pervert. Angela and Andy were really cute together this episode, no?
- Jan already having her baby and not telling Michael about it was so fucking harsh. I think Crazy!Jan is gone, but EvilBitchManipulative!Jan is still here, with a vengeance.
- That said, I kind of like that big things are just happening in this season. Like, there's not a Very Special Jan's Birth Episode. There wasn't a Very Special JAM Engagement Episode. I don't think the big post-Super Bowl episode will be a Very Special JAM Wedding Episode. A Very Special Angelandy Wedding That Goes Horribly Wrong Episode, perhaps. (grin)
- the Michael holding babies montage was so adorable.
- everything involving Jan singing "Son of a Preacher Man" to Astrid. Seriously, WTF. This show's so nuts, I love it.
- Jan and the tub birth. Ew ew ew ew/I laughed my ass off.
- "When I felt Astrid I just felt... shortchanged." I teared up. Poor Michael. ;_;
- Michael and Darryl's ridiculous baby daddy conversation. LOVED IT.
- Holly and Jan's super awkward conversation. LOVED IT.
- Andy, Angela, Astrid, and the vegetable patch!!!! HAH!!!!! Where the hell was that thing lying around, anyway?!?
- I could not believe what a BITCH Jan was when she told Michael not to date Holly. Wow. Ugh. :(
- That said, the scene following it, where Michael embraced Holly wordlessly? I teared up again, but happy tears. :) Oh, and see the top of this post!
- LOVED that ending Jim and Pam conversation. Even when these two are out of synch, they're in synch, you know? Love 'em.