Thursday, July 02, 2009

AusNTM C5 girls in review, Part 2


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Adele
Ugh. To be honest, this girl was SUCH a disappointment, even bigger than Sandra on ANTM C12 (who, looking back, actually had a pretty strong portfolio). This promo shot is amazing, the best shot of them all. Her pre-show work was OUTSTANDING. And then she gets on the show and... to be honest, she more or less sucks. She can walk, but she has the worst case of Mushyface in more or less all her photos. It's not even a case of having to lose weight or anything, she's just got a weird face that photographs really badly a lot of the time. Oh, and she looks NOTHING like Alice, I am so tired of hearing that they look so similar. They both have red hair and pale-ass skin, and that's where the similarities end.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Cassi
I'm so tired of hearing about how this girl is Modeling Jesus or whatever. To be honest, she's incredibly uneven. All of her photos up to the desert lingerie (except for the Kotex ad) were STUNNING, and since then, she's been a big pile of blah for me. Between her slipping performance, inability to walk (say she's improved all you like, the girl still can't walk), and Tahlia-esque "I wanna quit!!!" bullshit, I would have cut her at the final six or five or so. That said, she is a really modelesque girl who took some awesome pictures along the way. That desert lingerie photo? I despise this descriptor, but it is, genuinely, something that could appear in Vogue. It wasn't the best photo of the week because she missed the entire point of the shoot in showing off the lingerie, but as a photo, it was the best (does that make any sense?). Just... stunning. But looking back, she's kind of been a disappointment, too, but not along the lines of Adele. If she hadn't started so strong, she might have seemed better toward the end. And frankly, if she didn't have so many obnoxious stans, I'd like her way more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Clare
This girl is a fucking goddess. She's just amazing. Along with friggin' amazing ladies like Gemma, Chloe, Samantha, and Zoe from C1, Lara, Maddy, and Louise from C2, Alice, Paloma, and Anika from C3, and Samantha and Caris from C4, she's one of my favorite - not just AusNTM models, but all-time NTM models. She killed the competition, taking insanely great photos, stomping the hell out of it on the catwalk, and having a great look for the industry, not to mention an extremely professional attitude (they really went overtime to give her the bitch edit on her way out though, yeah?). Apparently the Australian viewers were outraged she was eliminated, and I don't blame them. She's the winner for me, by far. She's got no competition.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Eloise
She looks a LOT like Clark from ANTM C11, but without Clark's ever-so-lovely personality. Anyway, Eloise didn't last very long and she didn't have a huge personality, so she didn't leave all that much of an impression, except that she's got an awesome body and OMG I LOVE HER BEAUTY SHOT. It's perfect. She looks like Gisele there. I don't think she should have left when she did, but she seemed filler-ish anyway, so I didn't think she was going to win.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Franky
I like Franky a lot more than the average AusNTM viewer... but I still don't really like her. From Week 1, she was getting "SHE NEEDS TO GO HOME NOOOWWWW!!!"-type comments, which she didn't really deserve. She generally performed well on photoshoots and didn't take THE worst photos like everyone said she did. But she definitely shouldn't have gotten to the top five over... most of the girls she beat out (except, funnily enough, Adele could have gone before her and I wouldn't have minded). That was kind of a joke.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Georgie
Like Eloise, she didn't really stay long enough, or have a big enough personality, to make any sort of impression on me. She didn't even have an AWESOME photo like Eloise did with her beauty shot, but her portfolio was pretty good. She was really young and lovely and stuff, and though I don't think she should have gone exactly when she did, I can't really think of who else could have gone in her place.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Laura M.
This promo photo is soooo lolz, but I love her to pieces. She's actually my second-favorite girl from the show, but I think her performance was slightly disappointing, save for her AMAZING tulle on the trapeze photo. I think her leaving when she did was right, but not considering that Adele and Franky, who I would have happily said goodbye to prior to Laura, were still there. I just think she's so stunning in person, even with that weirdish makeover, and she had such a great attitude, among a cycle filled with total crazies. I really like her and hope she's successful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Laura T.
She's really modelesque - you can see how great her face is for the industry even in this semi-crappy shot - but her Week 1 photo wasn't really any good at all. Um... yeah, that's all I have to say about her.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Leah
My least favorite girl by far. Heh, even the tinypic URL or whatever that she has here has a "meh" in it! She didn't take a good photo on the show (including this promo shot, it's the worst one by miles) and her attitude seemed pretty rancid. Hahahaha @ her mocking Clare's pale skin. Way to know the industry you're in, moron.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lola
Based on this promo shot and the first couple of photoshoots, I really didn't like her... but I came to LOVE her. She's the opposite of Cassi; her face is so weird for the industry, her body's not right for it either, and she started out weak but then started kicking ass. Seriously, that Chanel photo is fucking stunning. She also had a hilarious, awesome personality. When she stole Cassi's line? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA too funny. I wish she'd lasted longer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Madison
She's a mess in this promo shot, and well... she was kind of a mess on the show too. But she was a mess that could take one hell of a photo. I really think she should have gotten much, much farther than she did. Also, she's hella gorgeous. She looks like some '60s movie star in her beauty shot. I love it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mikarla
In her short time on the show, Mikarla became one of my favorites. I think she should be the "bogan" in the F2, not Cassi. Her first photo was ass ass ass - yeah, being as skinny as she is awesome in the modeling world, but when you are that skinny, you shouldn't make a pose that suggests you're on the rack - but after that, I think her photos were really, really pretty. She may be nearly as trashy as Cassi, but like Cassi, in most of her photos this inner grace and beauty comes out, only Mikarla was even softer and prettier than Cassi. I really liked her, and though her attitude sucks (though it didn't suck in the way Cassi's did IIRC, where Cassi always wants to effin' go home), I would have loved for her to stick around to the end.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tahnee
Yeah, yeah, we all know Tahnee's body isn't right for modeling, and Sarah is insanely biased toward her. But still, I like this girl. I think people ignore her great photos because OMG she has an unmodelesque body, and also, let's face it, she's got THAT FACE. I may have said this before, but I say this to everyone about Tahnee, she is so fucking gorgeous I can't even believe I live on the same planet as her. I don't know who I want to win between her and Cassi, but they'll both be great winners... though not half the winner Clare would have been. Ahem.

Just to reiterate, my elimination order.

13. Leah
G'bye ugly girl who takes poor photos and has an unpleasant personality to boot.

12. Laura T.
She's got a good amount of potential, but that first photo was really bad... she's got a great face, but it doesn't always photograph so well.

11. Adele
We've been over her problems. Her first three photos were awful (actually, the one she landed B2 for was the best, but both of the other two were the worst of the week), and looking back, she could have gone here and it would have probably improved the cycle for me.

10. Franky
Yeah, she's just lackluster. Hey, at least I'm not screaming for her to go Week 1 then be IMMEDIATELY KILLED or whatever, like, IDK, EVERYONE ELSE.

9. Georgie
She shouldn't have gone quite as early as she did, but she was just kind of bland. She took good photos, but nothing amazing.

8. Eloise
She just seems kind of filler. She's got an amazing body, but a weird face. She's taken one amazing photo, but she's also had her share of busted photos. Compared to the girls that are left, she hasn't performed as well.

7. Laura M.
UGH it kills me to cut her this early, but other than the tulle trapeze shot, her overall performance was pretty disappointing. I think she has a gorgeous face, but she seemed to get larger and frumpier every episode.

6. Tahnee
Her face is flawless, but her portfolio's uneven and, let's face it, she's not going to work in high fashion with that body. At this point, letting any of the girls go is a huge regret, and I would encourage her to try and find commercial work, like in makeup or perfume ads.

5. Cassi
She started off the frontrunner for me, but she started fading quite a few weeks ago. She still can't walk and she doesn't want to be here anyway, so at this point, she's kind of the obvious cut. She's gonna have a great career, though... if she wants it, at all.

4. Madison
She is gorgeous, and so are her pictures... but she can't walk and in person, she is a mess.

3. Lola
She's improved the most and I do love her face and the fact that she's actually got a personality, but though her portfolio is great, I don't think it could compare to the two blonde bombshells that are my F2.

2. Mikarla
Great look, mostly great portfolio, but honestly, absolutely no one compares to...

1. Clare
She's the complete package. She's got a great look and body, an awesome portfolio and walk, and she's got such a professional attitude to succeed in the industry. She's one of the best contestants on an NTM ever, and this girl was so so robbed.