Monday, January 29, 2007

SAG rundown

Can't say I actually watched it, but here's what I have to say based on pictures/winners.

So, I kinda blew chunks with my predictions. Oh well. Guess Murphy is the frontrunner after all, and though I know it's for a reason, O'Toole's repeated absences at award shows can't be helping.

Reese Witherspoon, hun, gain like 5 pounds. You looked fantastic at the Globes but you're back to being bony now. Her dress was great though; she's always well-dressed.

ALEC BALDWIN!!!! Too bad he won't get nominated for where he really deserves it, The Departed (better than Wahlberg). Oh who am I kidding, he totally deserves it for 30 Rock too (though not as much as The Piv!).

It's official: I'm kind of falling in love with Little Miss Sunshine's cast. It's only the third-best of the nominees but I'll be thrilled if it wins because it's just SO non-Academy.

uhhh Rachel McAdams? Mary-Louise Parker?!?!

OMG HOW GOOD LOOKING WAS MARK WAHLBERG????

Cate Blanchett looked horrible and you know she wants to kill Jennifer Hudson.

Um, so, this is awkward.

I have to say, the more and more time goes on, the less and less Anne Hathaway pisses me off. She's just talentless, but she's not actively annoying like, say, one of her co-stars in The Devil Wears Prada (and the co-star I refer to is not named Meryl, Stanley, or Adrien...oh beautiful, beautiful Adrien Grenier). Plus, she's cute and seems classy. Sorry, Anne. If you suck in Becoming Jane (which you probably will) and get an Oscar nomination/buzz/good reviews, I'll go back to hating you, though.

Joshua Jackson was there last night...he just bizarrely keeps popping up places recently for some reason. And instead of typing "Joshua Jackson," I'll type the guy I like's name, which doesn't make any sense since it's not even close to Joshua Jackson...but maybe I've already said too much? I might have to kill you now?

Dear Hugh Lawrie, you are boring, stop winning shit. Not love, me.

To quote the year's best actress, "that's all"