Monday, January 08, 2007

or maybe i'm just bored

something fun to do: watch everyone on blogs try to out-hate Crash. It's actually hysterical. One thing nobody accuses it of being is boring. I can't say the same for Brokeback Mountain...

my favorite overreactions (these are not exact quotes, but they're damn close):
3. "Crash was made by Satan to promote racism." -some blog
2. "Crash is a disgusting venereal-disease-infected piece of genitalia, dripping itself all over cinemas everywhere." -some blog (was this really necessary?)
1. this one needs backstory. On some IMDb board, someone asked for everyone's choice for worst movie ever. Someone said Crash and someone else said something like "Really? Crash as the worst film ever? I don't like it, but..." And the original respondee said:
"I only see movies that look good. I avoid what I know will be disasters. Crash looked good and then it was horrible. So, not only is Crash the worst movie ever made, it is the only bad movie I have ever seen in my life." This is one of my favorite idiotic IMDb quotes, which says a lot, because there are so many.

Coming really soon I promise: my 2006 awards and some retrospective awards.