Monday, January 15, 2007

globe comments

oh my God it's Letters from IWO (not two, idiot self) Jima. Duh. Duh. Duh. AND I FRIGGIN' SAW THE MOVIE!!!

Hallelujah Emily Blunt didn't win (well she won for something else, but whatever). I had this horrible premonition right as Clooney opened the envelope...but nope. Hallelujah! Hopefully her chances at even an Oscar nomination are gone.

America Ferrera and Isla Fisher are adorable.

THEY DIDN'T SHOW PETER SARSGAARD ONCE AND I AM MAD! I know he was there, but all I saw was this disembodied hand sort of make its way around Maggie Gyllenhaal when her name was announced.

Martin Scorsese was adorable. And so is, please forgive me for saying this, Hilary Swank. She's totally bubbly, personable, and adorable (fun job: count the number of times I say "adorable" in this post) and I retract all bad things I may have said about her winning the Oscar in 2004. Yes, Kate, Imelda, and Catalina deserved it more, but she's so darn adorable (there we go again).

OMG SASHA BARON COHEN'S SPEECH HAHAHA. Meryl's was great too, as was America Ferrera's. Uh...what was up with Forrest Whittaker's? And what's up with his eye????!!!

I knew all chances of a Little Miss Sunshine upset were gone when they were using "One Night Only" as the Golden Globes theme song.

Sharon Stone is on drugs. A lot of them.

Looked fantastic: Reese Witherspoon, Drew Barrymore (!!! after last year), Hilary Swank (except for that flower thing), Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz, Renee Zellweger (dress and shoes only, she's just so...pucker-y), Emily Blunt (except it was too tight and made her look pregnant), Helen Mirren, Sarah Jessica Parker
Looked awful: Cameron Diaz, Cate Blanchett (comb your hair), Jennifer Lopez (would be on the looked fantastic list, except for the fact that the sides of her dress looked incredibly cheap), Toni Collette (the haircut wasn't doing anything for her), Angelina Jolie (she looked draaaained), Beyonce (really cheap looking), Nicolette Sheridan, RINKO KIKUCHI OMG WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT???

I have officially decided on my favorite celebrity couple: Bennifer 2.0

It was kinda funny when Kyra Sedgewick forgot her husband's name for a second.

Mary-Louise Parker was probably stoned.

I have fallen in love with Michael Urie. I have not fallen in love with creepy, creepy Forrest Whittaker and his creepy eye, and Jamie "I might not be nominated for anything but the movie I'm nominated in is so I'm going to ruin awards season by existing anyway" Foxx.

JEREMY PIVEN WUZ ROBBED

Babel clearly won the Best "uh sorry we didn't even nominate Crash last year even though it was much better than all these other nominees except maybe A History of Violence" Picture - Drama award.

And finally, GOD BLESS JACK NICHOLSON.

"that's all..."