Tuesday, July 03, 2007

happy birthday to...

...yup. Tom Cruise. I'm the only one that'll be wishing him a happy birthday, I'm sure. And that picture above certainly makes him look like Crazy Tom Cruise. Why do I still like Tom Cruise? I try to separate actors' and directors' personal lives from their work (sometimes it doesn't always work), and Tom Cruise is seriously a good actor, or at least a decent actor with some very impressive performances under his belt (his performance in Magnolia is one of the best of all time, and I'm not kidding. He's also super in Born on the Fourth of July, Collateral, Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, and Rain Man. In Rain Man, he's actually better than Dustin Hoffman. Though I've seen him be very bland, I've never seen him be terrible.). His religious convictions and smugness are annoying, but like I said, I try to separate the actor from the person (errr. Make sense of that.). Happy birthday Tom!