Monday, July 02, 2007

I actually saw 3 movies this weekend.

Evening is...ewww. It's basically a Lifetime movie, with about the same level of technical achievement and acting. Seriously, you look at the cast, and then...the only person who's really good (and even then, not like she's Oscar-worthy) is Meryl, who is in it for about five minutes. The movie made me hate Toni Collette, for chrissakes! I'm hardly the biggest fan of The Hours but compared to Evening, the former is a masterpiece in its transitions between the years and whatnot. Yikes. D

Once is good but not half as good as I was hearing. It's Lost in Translation without the amazing acting, on a $17 budget. Oh my God the camera was so fucking annoying. It's a totally sweet story, though, and the music is actually great. B-/B

Ratatouille is an animated masterpiece. Cars wasn't great, and I think The Incredibles is extremely overrated, but this is a return to form after Pixar's mini-"slump." LOVE IT. A