Saturday, May 03, 2008

Greatest S4 ending possible or the closest Justine will EVER get to fanfiction

(It's the tag, after hopefully a host of wonderful things have happened in the episode. Ryan is alone in his apartment, sprawled on his bed, painfully awake, totally defeated. The phone rings. He sits up, looks over at it glumly. He knows what's coming. Throughout the conversation, we can't hear who's talking.)

Ryan: Hello? Oh, David, hi. Yeah, no, I was expecting this after everything that's happened this year.
Look, I'm so sorry for...everything. I think I just fell in too far.
What? How did you --
Okay. No, it's fair, totally fair. Six months there will do me good, I think.
Okay. I understand. Thank you, David. I'll be in to get my stuff on Monday.

(Ryan hangs up the phone, moves to the edge of his bed, covers his head with his hands, sits there for a moment. Then, he reaches back, picks up the phone, dials a number, and holds the phone up to his face.)

Hi. It's Ryan. Um... you and I are back on.