Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OH GOD, I DID IT. (twss)


I saw License to Wed.

Oh JOHN. You are so much better than this. So, for that matter, are Brian (who was terrible. It didn't help that his role is like, the awful sitcom version of Kevin. And he was playing a guy named JIM!), Angela (I expected her to say "I think inscribing 'never to fart' on a ring is kind of whorish"), and Mindy (was she playing a character called "Shelly" who talks a lot? Really? Did they have no other ideas?). And, quite frankly, so are Mandy (who's charming, and who has a pretty voice, but who should stay really far away from acting based on this movie and the others I've seen with her in them) and Robin.

It wasn't painful bad, like, uh, Date Movie, but it was pretty bad. I think John Krasinski was the best part of it, and holy shit he looked hot, but yeah. Bad.

Random notes:
- They went to Sandals, Jamaica!
- John Krasinski is so hot!
- I enjoyed when they called Ben "affable." John Krasinski? An affable person/playing an affable character? No way.
- JKras' friend told him to go swim with the tuna! TUUUUUUUNAAAA!!!!!
- John Krasinski and Mandy Moore have no chemistry. They didn't give bad performances (though they weren't very good, or anything, and the scene on the beach where they were like "I love you" was pretty painful, but I kind of blame the fact that the camera KEPT GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES GARRRR), but their chemistry was non-existent, even at that part in the movie when they kept making out. Which, I suppose, goes to show how awesome Jenna Fischer is.
- It was weird seeing John's character thinking about getting engaged/how to propose, etc., considering what we all know is coming on Thursday ;)
- John Krasinski is so hot! Like, all the various scenes where he was just wearing a t-shirt? OH MY GOD.

So, all this really did was make me more excited to see Jim propose... ;)