Saturday, August 29, 2009

Project Runway S6, E2.

Althea: It's a beautiful dress. It's so elegant, and the detailing obviously plays a huge part in making it even more so. That said, while I had no problems with it being in the top group, those cups are really low. Forgive me if I sound prudish or ignorant, but I can't imagine pregnant women wanting to wear something THAT low-cut. It could be easily fixed, though.

Carol Hannah: IIRC she was like "ZOMG I LOVE MY JACKET!" when it was, in fact, awful. Seriously, it looks really cheap. I really dislike that one slash of fabric under the belly... it just seems unnecessary and awkward. And the dress seems just a tad too short. That said, it's a gorgeous color and I do like it overall, even if this paragraph hasn't really given this impression haha.

Christopher: Another hit for Christopher, plus his model is really adorable. It's a little too casual, but it's not... like... slutty. I can see young moms wearing this. Heck, I'd wear this. It's cute, it seems comfortable (leggings are amazing IDC what anyone else says). The only problem is that when you're pregnant, I'm pretty sure your boobs get huge, and this doesn't seem to have a lot of room for the boobs, but who knows, maybe the rouching (spelling?) up top would expand to create more room.

Epperson: OMG. This is terrible. Jumpsuits aren't the most comfortable things in the world, and I can't imagine some pregnant lady would want to squeeze herself into one. With the horrible blousy top thing, the woman just looks obese, not pregnant. It's a really blah color too, and the two shades actually clash in a weird way. Bad.

Gordana: Eh... it's like Christopher's - only a really young, hip mom-to-be would wear this - but it's not half as cute. The top just looks really cheap and I think it doesn't come down to a flattering level or whatever, again, unlike Christopher's.

Irina: It's cute, but it's the same neckline as last week's, though it's not nearly as DIVINE as that. For a pregnancy outfit, I'd think it would need way more... support in those little strips of fabric covering the boobs. The random flowers are lame and out of place. But it's still a cute dress and it seems to be a good length.

Johnny: It's pretty good. I get a busy city mom-type vibe from it. I like the fabric and I'm a sucker for contrast trim, but the color says "winter" while the flowers say "spring." It's a good length and cut for a pregnant woman, without being dowdy. I am iffy on the bag and accessories, and in this picture, the hem looks ragged. That's not good. But I like it overall.

Logan: Obviously, it's very basic to the point of being boring, but I think it's cute. It looks comfortable. Anyone could wear this.

Louise: I know this was in the top group, but I thought this was more or less hideous. It's wayyy too short, and even with the "expandable layers" on the bottom, those are mostly made of lace, so... I think the flowers and lace look messy, it's a weird color, and it's really unflattering in the chest area. Also, I get the feeling Louise would make this dress no matter what the challenge was. We'll have to see from her... though I will say it looks comfortable, like something you'd throw on to go to sleep.

Malvin: LOL. All I'm gonna say is LOL. I thought Mitchell's outfit was poorly made, but Malvin had the far worse outfit. Oh my God, this is so bad.

Mitchell: Like I said, it was poorly made, but I thought it was a good idea. Hell yes, I'd wear this outfit. It's really cute. It's perfectly accessorized too (though the colors of the bag are weird). I love that top even though it's way too tight, and the wide-leg shorts seem like a good idea.

Nicolas: IMO, this needed to be in the bottom. It's an ugly color, it's poorly sewn, and IIRC, as Nicolas himself pointed out, it kept riding up when it was already far too short. Heck, I'm not sure I would wear a skirt that short and tight right now, and I'm a pretty skinny non-pregnant lady. Yeesh.

Qristyl: It's a really basic design, but it works. I'm not crazy about the three-ties-at-the-neck thing or the scrunched-up side, and the colors aren't right for the model's skin, but it's really pretty other than that and it's definitely sexy, while not being too short or skanky.

Ra'mon: I don't know why this was in the bottom. It's not great, but it's not terrible. The sewing is kind of eh - you can see the puckering along the seams - but I love the colorblocking and I thought the "arrows" were super witty at best (think Laura Bennett, whose jock everyone is on all the time) and completely inoffensive at worst. It's a great length, cute and kind of sexy but not overly short. It does need more room in the boobs though.

Shirin: THIS. IS. FLAWLESS. It's one of my favorite Project Runway designs ever, to be honest. The only issue is that the dress is slightly similar to last week's, but... is that even a major issue unless she continues it the rest of the season? I LOVE THIS. I would buy and wear it now. Wow. It's a gorgeous color, the jacket is really cute and fun, it's adorable and subtly sexy, and the detailing on the dress is great.