Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmys!

Yay! I guess!

NPH, I love you and you did great (though I tired of the way you introduced every presenter with their most obscure role, but I'll just assume you didn't write that). Plus, you were fucking robbed of an Emmy. Seriously, Jon Cryer? I'll admit he's the best thing about Two and a Half Men, but that's like saying... I can't even think of an appropriate metaphor. NPH, Rainn, and the two 30 Rock guys are superior. Jeremy Piven, asshole though he may be, is superior too. So are Ed Helms and John Krasinski. Etc.

AAHHHH The Office WON SOMETHING!!!! And Bandit got a shout-out! I was expecting The Office to lose everything, so I was really pleasantly surprised. :) The Daily Show getting love was great too. And if I wasn't rooting so hard for The Office, I'd be happy for 30 Rock, because it's really better than most scripted TV. Just... not The Office.

Attempting to explain Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog to my dad, who I was watching the show with, was pretty hilarious.

The funniest/best part of the telecast was definitely the "facts" the announcer was saying after all the various nominees won. They were almost always really random and extremely funny.

Honestly, my favorite speech of the night was freakin' Jeff Probst. And that's really impressive by a guy who apparently couldn't remember to button his shirt up all the way or throw on a tie on the way out of Samoa...

Justin Timberlake has taken over all media and I love it.

Jon Hamm looks like a devastatingly handsome version of Steve Carell.

And yeah, I was surprised that there were only like four Kanye West jokes. I expected several thousand more.