Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmy fashion.

Because I'm bored. Overall, nobody looked amazing and nobody looked horrendous.

Jennifer Morrison: I don't like the hem or the overly heavily sewed (for lack of a better term) area by the boobs, but I've seen the back of this and it's way better.
Debra Messing: I like this. It's a nice silhouette and color, and the beading or gems or whatever add a really nice touch. The hair is nice, too.
Sigourney Weaver: I love the color, but the fabric strikes me as so prom-my. Still, she looks pretty hot, and she's pulling it off.
Carrie Preston: I'm not sure about the shoulder, but I think I like this. It's interesting. Even the weird little wing thing works, and I definitely like the belt, but again, it might clash with the shoulder.
Alyson Hannigan: It's a simple black dress, but I love the ruffling and details at the bottom. I didn't see this on a telecast or anything, but I think it's one of my favorite dresses of the night. The hair is great, too.
Christina Hendricks (this is right, right? Why does it say Kristina?): She's hot. Like, undeniably hot. That said, she looks really bulgy in this, I'm sorry. She doesn't look really bad, though. I don't think she ever could. And I love the cap sleeves with the retro appeal.
Lisa Edelstein: No. It looks pretty cheap. The satin looks wrinkly and the lace/whatever white fabric it is peeking out only make it look worse.
Jenna Fischer: It's not perfect, but it's probably the best I've seen her at one of these things. The hair and makeup and skin in general was really flawless, and I dunno what it was, but she just looked simply happy. I love the top of the dress, but the bottom is a little too wrinkly.
Rose Byrne: This is probably my favorite dress of the night. It's so romantic and sweet. It's a little over-the-top, but not crazily so. The hair and makeup are flawless, as well. I used to not like her, but I loved her in Adam, so I think I love her now. Yay.
Kate Walsh: I never like the whole "saddlebag" effect, but I think she looked really nice. The dress is a good color and her hair and makeup look flawless.
Olivia Wilde: This is really awful, in my opinion. I hate the cut-outs and the effect they create over her chest, and if you could see the back, there's a huge visible zipper there.
Anna Gunn: I have absolutely no idea who she is and I wish I could see a better photo of this, because it's a really awkward photo. The dress doesn't look terrible, though, just a little generic.
Jamie-Lynn Siegler: It's okay. It's kind of generic. It could be in a better color for her skin.
Jennifer Love Hewitt: It's plain, but I like it. She could have used some better hair, though. It looks sloppy here.
Sandra Oh: Another one of my favorite dresses. She looks flawless here, and it fits her perfectly. I don't even mind the lame little sash thing, because it looks nice blending in. If it was a contrasting color, I would probably hate it.
Melora Hardin: Over on The Office boards that I read, this dress is getting a lot of hate, because you are NEVER ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT MELORA HARDIN OR JAN, but I like it. It's a nice color and it's pretty. It's a little too Disney princess, but eh. It's really not as bad as everyone was saying.
Joely Fischer: I like it. The color stops it from being dowdy, which it could have been with the cut.
Mila Kunis: This was one of my favorite dresses of the night. I love how she looks like a more high-fashion ballerina here. And I just love her from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, anyway.
Elizabeth Perkins: Okay, the color can't save this one from being dowdy. Yeesh. I do like the color, though, it's just too generously cut.
Padma Lakshmi: You all know I love her, but this dress needs some editing, to quote Project Runway. The ropes on the shoulders don't really work, but the hip flower thing is just truly awful.
Jessica Lange: It's fine. Not great, not horrible.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Again, it's fine. Not great and not horrible. It definitely obliterates her waist, which was a major issue with a lot of dresses I saw last night.
Christina Applegate: Half the time I see it, I really like it, and half the time I see it, I don't like it at all. The stomach band is just so, so weird, and I think it's see-through which is a no. But I like the color, and overall, I dunno, it's just nice.
Vanessa Williams: It's okay. A little prom-my. Pretty color.
Mariska Hargitay: Again, it's okay. Do her boobs look weird, or is it me? This looked better on TV. She's really pretty.
Holly Hunter: One of my favorites of the night. It's both really girly and pretty, and interesting and slightly edgy. She needed to comb her hair like whoah, though.
January Jones: Another favorite, for the same reasons as Holly Hunter. I even like the hip flaps. I think they're interesting.
Chloe Sevigny: Yet another favorite! She normally goes totally weird, but this is lovely while still not in any way boring. Polka dots! I love it.
Sally Field: Boring.
Tina Fey: Boring.
Glenn Close: Boring. And off-center, which bothers me with these kind of necklines.
Heidi Klum: I love it. Yeah, I'm getting tired, can you tell?
Blake Lively: CHEAAAAAP.
Toni Collette: I remember not liking it on TV, but it's lovely here. I adore bubblegum pink.
Drew Barrymore: Eh. It's a little too precious for me. It reminds me of the dress Penelope Cruz had at the Oscars a few years ago.
Hayden Panettiere: Eek. This is... eek. I remember not thinking it was terrible on the show, so... I dunno what changed here. It looks like it's barely holding on via weird-ass strings, or something. It's really bad.
Shohreh Aghdashloo: I loved her, though she was breathing really weirdly when she won her award. This dress is nice, but a little plain.
Mary Louise Parker: It's cute. I like that she went with a mini, because nobody else did. Again, how can you tell I'm getting tired?
Ginnifer Goodwin: I didn't see this on the broadcast, but this is so hot. The color is fabulous, I love the cut, and from what I can see of the necklace, it's great as well.
Dana Delaney: This was a nice dress, but not really spectacular. I love how she was defending Wolf Blitzer on Jeopardy during some red carpet interview. Hysterical.
Tracy Pollan: I just don't like that color or cut along the neckline. Yeah... that's about all I have to say.
Kyra Sedgwick: I love the color, but it's soooo twee. It needed a lot less going on.
Jennifer Carpenter: I love it, except for the clumping of the black beads by her boob. That's just weird and kind of chunky, and it should have followed the pattern of the rest of the dress. But it's really nice, other than that.
Nancy Carell: I love the color, but it's boring other than that. Love her, though.
Jane Fallon: It's okay. Ricky Gervais looks sharp in that tux, I must say, though I've officially decided I don't like him in person. He always comes on, makes some really snide remarks, and then leaves, and everyone thinks he's OMG SO FUNNY!!! I like him on The Office and Extras, though, and I'm still all excited about The Invention of Lying.
Wives of Colbert & Conan: Cute. Their husbands are extremely awesome.


Zzzz tired. I'm really sad they didn't have the lady in the crazy Obama dress.