Saturday, January 03, 2009

So,

the only movies I really have any interest in seeing are Revolutionary Road and The Wrestler, and the only movies that I've seen that are likely to play a role in the awards season were Wall-E, The Dark Knight, Vicky Christina Barcelona, and Milk, all of which I adored, Wall-E above all. Oh, and Tropic Thunder. I highly approve RDJ and Tom Cruise being nominated.

Frost/Nixon - zzzz
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - I'm sure this will actually be great, if/when I see it. But for now, I just see long, and Cate Blanchett being all actressy.
The Reader - wasn't crazy about the book
Slumdog Millionaire - I am a cynic.
Happy-Go-Lucky - Okay, I do want to see this, but it's nowhere.
Changeling - zzz, Angelina, and mediocre reviews.
Australia - oh, Baz. Why must you frustrate me so.
Rachel Getting Married - like I'd ever be excited to see an Anne Hathaway movie, but I actually am sort of looking forward to seeing this some time
Doubt - great talent, including Meryl and JESUS, but it just doesn't look special

So... yeah. Remember when this was a movie blog ;_; I also think I said that I'd be getting In Bruges soon, but whoopsies, I put the Sex and the City movie at the top of my Netflix queue instead, heh.