Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oscar season threw me off, but Season 3 - Part 2!

Photobucket
"Branch Closing": Dwight saves Stanley from the poisoned coffee

Photobucket
"The Merger": Michael and Andy meet (haha, Pam's face...)

Photobucket
"The Convict": PRISON MIKE. !!!!

Photobucket
"A Benihana Christmas": "Too soon."

Photobucket
"Back from Vacation": Michael shows off the new skills he got in Jamaica

Photobucket
"Traveling Salesmen": SLAP!


"Branch Closing"
5. "Say what you will about Michael Scott, but he would never do that." I love this line for many reasons. I mean, it's funny, but moreso I love, love, love the moments on The Office where it becomes obvious that Michael Scott is an actual person with much depth, not just a ludicrous sitcom character or something stupid like that. And, indeed, he would never screw over his employees just for personal gain.
4. for some reason, I just love Michael singing "just call me Levinson in the morning, baby..."
3. Michael and Dwight at David Wallace's house, especially when Michael gives his thoughts on Michael Moore
2. FAXES TO DWIGHT FROM THE FUTURE.
1. "When you become close with someone, you develop a kind of sixth sense, and can read their moods like a book. Right now the title of Michael's book is Something Weird Is Going On. Colon. What Did Jan Say? The Michael Scott Story. By Michael Scott. With Dwight Schrute."

"The Merger"
5. "like a carpenter...who makes stairs"
4. Dwight and Andy argue on the way out. HYSTERICAL.
3. JIM AND PAM REUNITE. :)
2. Karen and Pam's faces after Michael asks Karen about her father
1. LAZY SCRANTON AND THE SCRANTON WITCH PROJECT. OH MY GODDDDD. Especially that cut to Jim with his mouth hanging open with the gum in it. AMAZING.

"The Convict"
5. "I'm so horny."
"Okay, I can't...help you with that."
4. "I had Martin explain to me three times what he got arrested for, because (shifty look) it sounds an awful lot like what I do here every day."
3. the whole white man you trust/black man you trust more conversation
2. the very end - Andy singing "The Rainbow Connection" to Pam is hysterical enough as is, but then he's singing it in falsetto. And then he busts out the Pig Latin. And then it turns sweet and meaningful with Pam's look to Jim and Jim's half-amused-and-amusing, half-poignant look at the camera. Just...beautiful.
1. PRISON MIKE. THAT IS ALL.

"A Benihana Christmas" (oh, lord. Such an amazing episode. Everything is just...faaaantastic.)
5. Jim going through with Pam's prank
4. Toby's line delivery of "why?" when Dwight takes away his bag
3. "It's a bold move to Photoshop yourself into a picture with your girlfriend and her kids on a ski trip with their real father, but then again, Michael's a bold guy. ... Is bold the right word?"
2. MICHAEL MARKS HIS DATE'S ARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Michael on bros before hos

"Back from Vacation"
5. "Jan. You complete me."
4. "And I, to you, in addition, feel the same feelings that you are, as well."
3. "No, Kevin, a woman. Maybe Jan. Maybe..."
"Urkelgru!"
2. the offending picture this episode concerns is hysterical.
1. "I AM NOW CHOPPING OFF PHYLLIS' HEAD WITH A CHAINSAW!!!! ring-ing-ing."

"Traveling Salesmen"
5. I gotta say, I really liked it when Angela and Pam were becoming friendly. Poor Pam needs some friends. :(
4. the young Jim/young Dwight picture and "Oh, young Jim. There is so much I need to warn you about. And yet, tragically... I cannot"
3. Jim slaps Dwight. !!!
2. OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPITY DAWESOME!!!! (and the rest of the song)
1. as I said a few posts ago, the cold opening with Harvey the computer is more than likely my all-time favorite. Especially "I can't control him!" "yeah, you can," Pam's "help meeee" look to Jim when she walks in, and Michael's face after he makes Harvey say "boobs."

The best six-episode run in the series' history? Possibly. Probably.