Friday, March 14, 2008

A lot of people hate Reese Witherspoon.


I don't know why. Her Oscar win wasn't totally deserved, true, but really there aren't that many totally deserved Oscar wins, and she was handily the best of the nominees. I mean...Huffman? Yeah. No. I think I would have puked. But... okay, Walk the Line aside, have people not seen Election?!

"He should have just accepted things as they are instead of trying to interfere with destiny. You see, you can't interfere with destiny. That's why it's destiny. And if you try to interfere, the same thing's going to happen anyway, and you'll just suffer."

"NO! Didn't bother me at all!"

Brilliant. The amazing screenwriting helps, yeah, but... brilliant.

(In another note, the best thing about that movie that you probably didn't notice before was the fact that they keep zooming out on Tracy's "Pick Flick" pins and they really look like they're saying "Pick Fuck.")